HAPPY 2019 EVERYONE!

"Dear Friend, I like to start my notes to you as if we’re already in the middle of a conversation. I pretend that we’re the oldest and dearest friends, as opposed to what we actually are, people who don’t know each other’s names..." - Kathleen Kelly, You've Got Mail.

I guess that you could say that my 2019 New Year's Resolution is to set up - and maintain - this bookish blog. 


My goal is to write about books that I am excited about. I aim to focus my list for each month...with a few exceptions here and there.  I plan to talk to a few specific books for each month as well.

I accept that there is no possible way for me to read all of the books, but I still want to talk about them. Maybe, someday, I'll get to read them. Until then, though...

So, who am I? I hate talking about my self, so I plan to keep that to a minimum. That said, I have been a bookseller for just over six years now (In 2-ish different locations). For a little over a year, I was also the social media manager for my previous job. I loved finding new ways to reach out and connect with readers, customers. I loved having an excuse to geek out about books. When I left that bookstore, I lost that connection. And I miss that connection. I am hoping, that with this blog, this can become a new way to reconnect, and even discover new readers.

I want to invite you into the conversation. I love one on one conversations, and I hope to make this blog feel like I am talking to you as an individual about the books, rather than a making a cookie cutter statement or review. 

One of my favourite parts of my job is connecting readers with new stories. My goal is to highlight some books that I have read, and some books that I am excited about. I have the most success and satisfaction when using personal stories/ experiences and interesting things that I have learned about. The goal is to bring different things together, using books to help piece together something potentially pretty great.

Again, I will talk about books that I have read and books that I want to read, along movies that tie-in, perhaps even some music. Sometimes it may seem like really random things, but I will always try to tie it back together, and probably with a book... or two.

I acknowledge that there are what seems like a million book blogs out there now. I want to clarify that I am not doing this with the intention of making a career of this, or with the expectation of monetary gain. This blog is for me, and hopefully you too.

Now, let's get to the books!

Comments