City On Fire, Music On Repeat

Heads up, this post is not book related. Not unless you count my creative writing... which you never know. One day, maybe...

Anyway. This post is about music. 

Tyler Hilton, a musician I have enjoyed listening to for 10+ years has a new album/ record out today, City On Fire

(One of the songs I already have on repeat)


Warning, I am terrible when trying to describe music and genres. The best that I can think to describe his music in general is "indie/folk/rock/a hint of bluesy/guitar/coffeehouse/ good live....". Like I said, I am not great at it. I think I will still to trying to describe books.

Last summer, when I was working two jobs and seven days a week, I treated myself to an acoustic set of his music. Which included some of the songs from this new record, along with all of my favourite songs from his repertoire.

(promo poster from the concert/gig)

It was my first time seeing him perform live, and it was exactly what I needed.

At the end of the gig, much to my delighted surprise, he hung around, doing in informal meet and greet. So, I got to meet him! (No I will not post the photo here, because I hate photos of myself.)

He was really cool, and I am pretty sure that I was incoherent. As what tends to happen when exhaustion and excitement collide.

(Photo credit goes to me.)

Anyway,  I recommend checking out his music. I enjoy it, to the point of having a good chunk of his songs on a playlist for writing inspiration and focus.

When stressed, or happy, Books and Music are what make my world go 'round. 

More Tyler Hilton:






Comments