Update on Similars

In the very early hours of Tuesday morning (2 AM?), I finished The Similars by Rebecca Hanover.

I was pleasantly surprised by just how much I enjoyed that books, and by how quickly I read it.

In perhaps a not too distant future, Science and Technology has advanced significantly; but not beyond recognition. 

Human cloning has been successfully and perhaps even mastered, albeit deemed illegal to in the United States. However, this didn't stop someone from secretly and without permission creating, and raising clones, using the DNA from the children of very wealthy prominent families.

Now, approximately 16 years later, new breaks out of their existence, and it is decided, although not unanimously, that the clones will join their "original" counterparts at their prestigious boarding school. 
Things do not go smoothly and drama abounds. With twists and swerves and that reveal at the end! This a very compelling book, great for a discussion. I can definitely see it as the beginning of a series, or at the very least a duology. I look forward to more. 

This book is currently available:




Comments